NAPIT Private Rented Sector Guide - Amd2
NAPIT Private Rented Sector Guide
A NAPIT guide which helps Landlords and Electrical Inspectors understand the new Legislation governing PRS electrical safety checks within dwellings in England which came into force from 1st June 2020.
This new Legislation is a welcomed approach by the UK Government to increase the safety of private residential tenants.
Complex and in-depth, it requires a fresh take on Electrical Inspections from Inspectors, and a new level of understanding from Landlords, to reduce the likelihood of failing to meet their obligations which can result in landlords receiving fines of up to Â£30,000.
- This guidance will help understanding of the above legislation and covers
- Legislation Requirements
- Consequences of not complying
- What is required for an electrical safety check
- Different Electrical forms, and where they are used
- Coding of safety checks
- Frequencies of Inspections
- Competence requirements of Inspectors
- Remedial works requirements
- Record keeping
- Assessing risk